|To view the regulations for your state, click here|
|Industry Professional Resources - Pennsylvania|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What kind of facilities require a license?
Persons, partnerships and corporations, or other legal entities intending to provide drug and alcohol treatment services require a license from Pennsylvania Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs (DDAP). Read More
2. What levels of care, facilities, and programs are available to clients in Pennsylvania?
DDAP identifies five distinct levels of care: Read More
3. What does it mean to be "licensed," "certified," or "accredited" in this industry?
Licensing means that a particular type of facility or professional may only operate or provide a certain set of services with the advance and continuous authorization (license) of a designated government agency. Read More
4. Which body authorizes and oversees substance abuse treatment facilities in Pennsylvania?
DDAP is responsible for ensuring that persons who abuse or are dependent on alcohol and/or substances and their families are provided with care and treatment that is effective and high quality. Read More
5. How does a facility obtain a license?
Persons, partnerships, corporations, or other legal entities intending to provide drug and alcohol treatment services must apply for a license from DDAP... Read More
6. What are the different types of license which may be issued?
There are two types of license: full and provisional. Read More
7. What kind of changes can affect a license once granted?
Licenses are non-transferable and apply only to the person, named facility, premised, and activities licensed by DDAP. Read More
8. What can lead to the revocation of a license?
DDAP may revoke or refuse to issue a license for any of the following reasons: Read More
9. What kind of inspections might there be for licensure determination?
DDAP may send an authorized representative to enter, visit, and inspect a facility licensed or applying for a license at any time, especially when an application for licensure or renewal is in process. Read More
10. How can a facility prepare for inspections, on-site reviews, and audits?
While the criteria are periodically updated, key subjects of review may include: Read More